Tuesday, February 07, 2012

[vacation] low-fi

I am crushing hard on these rentals on Eagle Island in Penobscot Bay off the coast of  Maine. Especially 'Big Camp'

seriously, how cute is this place?


in the vacation of my dreams my boys would  be already planning how they would spend the glorious week off the grid. We would fish, build fires, read books in the grass, go on the hunt for the perfect smores sticks, explore every square inch of the adorable island. Each night falling deep into sleep in the dimly lit cabin after full days spent in the ocean air.


in reality terror would strike! Will my Ninetendo 3DS get enough juice to charge? Cell reception?  An outhouse? Won't I get splinters? A whole week? 


Could your family do it? Makes me realize how much we need to unplug on a regular basis. 

Maybe I'll just take the baby and escape for a week of playing in the grass.

No comments: